Price and Price Founder Carl Ahrens Price
Certified elder law attorney serving clients in New Jersey. Compassionate, experienced, results-driven.
Location: Haddonfield, New Jersey
Contact Carl online
Areas of practice
Carl Price: In His Own Words
"If I was asked today what of area of law is the most rewarding, I would unhesitatingly say, 'the practice of elder law.' Nothing gives me more pleasure than getting a hug from a happy client and a 'well done.' Elder law involves helping families and their loved ones navigate the issues of aging in an increasingly complicated world.
I graduated from New York University in 1970, married my wife, JoAnn, that same week and started law school at Boston University the following fall. After graduation from BU in 1970, I served on active duty with the United States Air Force. I opened my law office in 1973 and, as is often said, I never looked back.
Initially, I engaged in a general practice with an emphasis on civil (and to a lesser extent criminal) litigation matters. I interspersed my practice with coaching my children in soccer, baseball and softball. I also started the Haddonfield girls soccer program (which has been extremely successful) and was a founding member of the South Jersey Over 35 Soccer League.
Imagine my surprise when my son Casey told me he decided to attend law school. JoAnn and I always thought that if anyone would become a lawyer it would be our daughter. She chose a different path and, after graduation from The Rhode Island School of Design, she became a fashion designer, working in the heart of the fashion industry in New York City.
We, Casey and I, started Price and Price, LLC in 2000 following his graduation from Widener University School of Law. It was the best professional decision I made.
I immediately acquired a trustworthy partner; I obtained the opportunity to work with my son in a practice that we both enjoy, and I got the pleasure of knowing that we help families in distress and need."
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, by the American Bar Association, recognized Elder Law Foundation, 2004
Super Lawyers, New Jersey: 2008-2016
- New Jersey, 1970
- California, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1970
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1971
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1970
- Honors: Moot Court
- New York University, New York, New York
- B.A. - 1967
- Prior Editor for Skills and Methods, West Practice Series for New Jersey
- Prior Editor for Legal Business Forms, West Practice Series for New Jersey
- Making Your Wishes Known - Advance Directives, Proxy Directives, What is a Living Will?, Presentation for the Camden County Medical Society Auxiliary, March 28, 1992
- Estate Planning and Elder Care: An Integrated Approach to Long Term Care, Association of Government Accountants - Philadelphia Chapter; 43rd Professional Development Conference, May 7, 2001
- Estate Planning: The Basic Documents & Hidden Pitfalls, Presentation for the Camden County Bar Association, January 25, 2001
- Planning for Elders - What the Care Giver Needs to Know, Presentation for Promise Alternative Care, Inc., April 26, 2001
- Estate Planning, Taxes & Related Subjects, Presentation for the Betty & Milton Katz Jewish Community Center, May 2, 2002
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Elder and Disability Law Section
- Camden County New Jersey Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association, Co-Chairman, Elder Law, Social Security & Disability Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Phi Alpha Delta